Tsuga Fine Art & Framing
Call to Artists: Fine Art
Tsuga Fine Art & Framing is Bothell's fine-art gallery and source for professional framing. We're looking for local artists to exhibit their art with us in 3-week Pop-Up Shows and 7-week Exhibitions. Application Deadline: Ongoing.
Interested artists are invited to submit the following:
- Your artist's resume, including your website, email address, telephone and where you’ve shown/sold your work.
- Brief bio and artist’s statement (both should fit together on a single page).
- 6–12 digital images (JPG or TIF files of 1–5MB) that reflect your work, with an image list that includes the medium, size, whether the piece is framed, and the retail price for each piece. Please name your digital images as follows: yourname-artworktitle.jpg (or .tif)
- Please submit all of the above in one email, with the images as attachments, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We exhibit the work of local Pacific-Northwest artists only. All artwork must be delivered to Tsuga – no shipped work will be accepted.
- All work shown in the gallery must be original, for sale and not previously shown in the gallery. Commission on artwork sold is 40%.
- Works over 100 square inches must be wired to hang; works 80–100 square inches may either be wired or have a saw-tooth hanger.
- Works on Canvas: Gallery-wrap canvas must be at least 1” deep, and have finished (painted) edges. Canvas less than 1” deep must be framed. All works must be wired for hanging and paint must be dry –– wet paint or damaged frames will not be accepted.
- Matted and Framed Work: Matted art must have a glass or plexiglass covering. All 2D work must be ready to hang. No exposed glass edges, clip frames, easel backs, damaged mats or overcuts.
- Photography: may be black & white, monochrome or colored and can be printed on any medium. The image must be made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or captured digitally. All elements must be original and may not incorporate elements produced by anyone else. Please identify the source (film or digital), and any software programs used to make significant alterations to the image.
Sculpture may be created in any medium: metal, ceramic, glass, wood, paper, mixed materials, etc. If entries exceed 75 lbs., the artist must provide proper pedestals. Small items should be brought in a case for their protection.
Tsuga also features artisan-made cards, jewelry and gift items. If you wish to apply to sell gift items at Tsuga, please visit our Artisan Gift Items page for more information.
Tsuga is located in downtown Bothell, at the intersection of Main St. and 101st Ave. NE. We encourage you to stop by and view our space. Questions? Call us at (425) 483-7385 (Tuesday & Wednesday, 10am–6pm; Thursday, 10am–8pm; Friday, 10am–5pm; Saturday, 10am–4pm; Sunday 10am–3pm; closed Mondays) or email@example.com.